Making Edge Easy
5G and Micro Data Centres: an essential co-esistance
The role of micro data centres in telecom
The technology supporting the 5G network needs to be upgraded to truly support and enable widespread connectivity.
Traditional data centre solutions are not able to support the requirements of 5G technology. The millimetre waves and microwaves used by 5G don’t travel very far. Hence traditional, centrally-located data centres are not able to support 5G connectivity.
This is where edge micro data centres come into play.
Why does 5G need micro data centres
Micro Data Centres are an ideal solution for 5G as they are small, simple and fast to deploy. They operate from either AC or DC power, are portable, can be easily scaled and are a far greener option than traditional storage rooms. They will allow you to have a standardised network of data centres right by your 5G antennas, indoors or outdoors. Advantages of MDCs include:
Our outdoor solution
Available in three sizes, the Zella Hut has all the same benefits as the Zella Pro, with one extra feature: it can be placed outdoors!
It's the perfect solution for telecom operators as it's:
- Scalable - easy to add more storage if and when needed
- Fully featured - all-in-one solution to include cooling, fire suppression, cyber security, physical security, etc.
- DC powered - easy to integrate with alternative power sources like solar or wind
- Secure - keep safe from unwanted entry, both on the physical and cyber space
- Segregation - keep your equipment separate from other operators
- Integration - easily integrate into your Network Management System
- Weatherproof - UV resistant, water proof and dust proof to protect your assets
- Compact - easy to transport and deploy to remote locations, or environments with limited infrastructure - even on a roof!
Our containerised solution
The Zella Max is appropriate for both greenfield and brownfield construction sites. The 20ft containerized solution features single and dual-cooling system perfect for storing your Zella Pro 38.
This versatile shipping container data centre is extremely modular and can be stacked or added together allowing you to recoup valuable space.