Making Edge Easy - Micro Data Centres
How micro data centres are giving healthcare the Edge
A data epidemic
Data generation within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries is at an unprecedented high. A 2020 survey by Dell discovered an astronomical nearly 900% increase in only two years.
This is being driven in many ways. The IoT, AI, indwelling medical devices, robotics … These are just a handful of the applications that are spewing out ever-increasing information that needs to be managed, analysed, stored and shared.
Plus the overarching need for all this data to have impenetrable security.
How is all this data generated?
Let’s consider some of the sources that are responsible for this colossal amount of data:
- Hospital beds typically have 10-15 connected devices
- A dramatic increase in wearable healthcare devices
- Robotics performing intricate operational procedures
- Indwelling devices (pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac monitors etc)
- Data that’s generated with every single patient examination (blood pressure, oxygen saturation, pulse rate, ECG results, etc)
- Blood tests and other investigatory results
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to where healthcare data is generated. It currently accounts for around 30% of all global data.
How edge data centres support healthcare
Edge computing and on-site MDCs are playing a huge part in this revolutionary shift within healthcare. The ability to transfer data in real time, without a latency lag or the need to upload to the cloud before it can be analysed and used, is game-changing when it comes to medicine. Our Zella Pro range of micro data centres will solve all your edge computing challenges: